Sunday, October 2, 2011

Time Flies





It is hard to believe that this little guy is already 10 weeks old. He is such a good baby! We have come a long way since the last post. Here are some things that have been happening since then:



He is interacting with us more and more every day. He is able to focus and make eye contact, and even watches when you walk away after playing with him. And oh the cooing and the smiling...is there a more precious sound than a baby talking to you? Especially your own baby! R.J. likes to have conversations where they both say "Uh-guh" over and over again. I love it.



We have been enjoying football season! I LOVE dressing Tripp up for each and every bama game. It's actually probably a bit of an overkill (see the following picture, HAHA).

For a while I dreaded night time and going to sleep. The worst night on record was about a month ago when R.J. was out of town and Tripp literally cried or fussed ALL NIGHT LONG. I had a doctor appointment the next morning and barely made it. Of course he was a precious angel at the doctor with me and everyone "oohed and aahd" over him, and I remember thinking how that precious angel was A)still awake, and B)if only they knew what he did to mommy the night before.



The nights have gotten better. He is waking up twice. I am ready for him to go all the way through the night, and trying everything possible to get us to that point. He takes about 2, 2 hour naps during the day with little catnaps in between. Thinking about it now, maybe I should keep him up longer during the day. It's just so nice to be able to get stuff done while he is out. More to come on the sleep situation. Maybe by my next post I'll be able to say that he sleeps 10 hours straight. Wishful thinking!






He had his 2 month check up last Wednesday. He weighs 12 pounds 1 ounce, and he is 24 inches long. Everything checks out great! He got the 4 shots! That was no fun at all. He was in such a good mood and just smiling and talking to the nurse, and ....the crying began. Thoroughly broke my heart. I did not cry (thought I would), I was more focused on getting him calmed down to worry about my emotions. When it was over he buried his little head in my neck and calmed down a few minutes later. Precious!



Please enjoy the video, I realize my part in the cilp is a bit over the top. Ignore me and listen to sweet baby Tripp. It's about 46 seconds of him in a great mood. It was taken a couple weeks ago, and he is even more interactive these days. We love him so much!









3 comments:

  1. Ferris,
    Congrats on your perfect little man! He is so precious. I'm so happy I found your blog, I haven't talked to you in years. Isn't having a baby boy the best!? I bet he'll start sleeping through the night very soon. It usually clicks around 3 months. Miss you!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, so good to hear from you! I love looking at YOUR blog! I've been following it for a while and keeping up with you guys! Carter is a doll! I love all the pics and videos! It has been so long since I've seen you, im so glad you are so happy! Love, ferris
    Fingers crossed the sleep will get better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best thing ever! It makes me so happy and makes EVERYTHING better! Aunt Cal loves her baby boy!

    ReplyDelete