Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happenings Lately







Well on Monday, Tripp will be 18 weeks (almost 5 months) old. I don't know where the time has gone. We have had our first Halloween, and Thanksgiving, and before we know it... Christmas will have passed and I'll be back at school. I try not to think about it much, so that I can enjoy my last month with him. I have anxiety about returning to school, but I am looking forward to getting back to my classroom. Believe it or not, I really am. Of course, the hardest part is going to be being away from my precious angel baby all day long. I get a knot in my stomach when I think about it. It helps that he's going to my friend Natalie's house, who I know will not mind me wanting pictures texted to me once an hour, HA! Everyone said he would grow up fast, and he truly has.

There are a few milestones that the little guy has been hitting lately. One, is that his hands are in his mouth constantly, and if not his hands, whatever he can get his hands on go directly to his mouth. He also likes to gnaw on mommy or daddy or anyone else's hand/fingers. He has started to reach and grab at things, and if he can get whatever it is....again, straight into his mouth. For example...








I have had to go and buy more bibs because he slobbers all the time and it's easier to change out the bib and not the soaking wet outfit. He laughs all the time and loves to hear himself make noise. By far, his favorite time of the day is bath time. And last, but definitely not least, he rolled over from his stomach to back today. I caught it on video! I'm thinking that he has probably been able to do it for a while, we just hadn't had any tummy time lately. We put him on a mat on the floor and he did it about 5 times! It seemed so easy for him, and he seemed to enjoy it. However, I'm thinking that going from his back to his tummy may be a bit more difficult.

We got him an exersaucer for Christmas and already let him have it. He loves it! So many things to look at, and it wears him out. All that bouncing around! He lasts a while in it, I was surprised by that. Such a big boy!














































This is a picture of the exersaucer that he has at my parents house! Thanks Nana B and Grandaddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment